We guide. We support. YOU grow.
Looking for an exciting job where you’ll be working with high-profile clients, public interest entities and listed companies? Interested in the financial sector and like to work analytically with figures? Are you curious to see the bigger picture and eager to dive into more complex financial matters? Want to learn about or contribute to our (in-house developed) data analytics and robotic tools that make our lives easier? If this sounds like you, then start your career as a junior in Financial Services (FS) at PwC!
As a junior in the financial sector, you'll take part in the audits of banks, insurance companies, asset managers, investment funds, pension funds, leasing and Real Estate firms. As each of these types of firms has a different business model, you’ll gain a broad knowledge of the Financial Services industry.
While building long-term relationships with clients, you’ll play an important role in reviewing their financial picture and showing our added value by generating new insights into their data. You’ll learn about your client’s business, internal control processes and risks they face. You’ll review the balance sheet, profit and loss accounts and more complex ad-hoc financial matters and assist in formally approving the annual accounts.
We’re looking for motivated candidates who’d like to kick off their career in an interesting and fast-moving environment; who have a continuous drive to learn and grow.
What you’ll learn and do
- Receive an interesting client portfolio of rapidly evolving financial institutions
- Work most of the time at your clients’ offices (80%) and have a lot of client contact
- Learn about your clients’ businesses and internal control processes
- Identify the risks they’re facing
- Review the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts of your clients by taking responsibility for specific accounts such as investments, loans, deposits, debt instruments, provisions, premiums, claims, and other or more complex financial instruments
- Perform specific analyses on (new) financial topics initiated by your client or by the regulator
- Learn from different experts and specialists from other departments (valuation experts, tax experts, IT specialists, actuaries, etc.)
- Work with data analytics and robotic tools to process data in an efficient way
- Develop your own data analytics and robotics tools
- Discuss with your team to share ideas and keep learning and growing
- Review financial reporting information and make sure it’s ready for publication in due time
- Work in a changing environment (clients, location, tasks and colleagues) to gain valuable experience