ProDigest is looking for a BS level lab technician to further expand the research team in Ghent, Belgium. As lab technician, you become an essential part of the daily organization and performance of the laboratory activities. You will provide the necessary practical support for the performance of both service and in-house research projects and you will actively participate in such projects as part of the team. As part of this, working accurate, with respect to time limits and according to the highest lab standards is an essential part of the job description.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment including anaerobic chambers, biosafety cabinets and automated machinery
· Performing complex experiments using the SHIME technology platform, investigating food, feed and pharma compounds
· Aerobic and anaerobic culturing, isolation and characterization of bacteria including the preparation of media, reagents and samples for analysis
· Analytical techniques including basic microbial work, flow cytometry, metabolite extraction, etc.
· Identifying opportunities to optimize workflows and increase efficiency, including supporting SOP development
· Providing clear and organized documents and records of experimental activities